Performance Checking from Communication Federal Credit Union pays excellent returns for members with high cash-flow needs who carry a larger checking account balance. There are monthly activity requirements, so it’s best suited to be used as a primary checking account.
The great features of our Performance Checking Account include:
- Pays dividends of 1.50% APY on balances up to $30,000 when reward rate qualifications are met each cycle.*
- Up to $25 in ATM fee refunds each month*
- Free VISA debit cards
- Free mobile banking and remote check deposit
- Free online banking and bill pay
- No monthly service charge
- Only $25 to open; no minimum balance
- Unlimited check writing
- Free first box of CFCU branded checks
- Free Starline automated telephone account access
- Unlimited free counter withdrawals
- Unlimited free transactions at all CFCU or ATM Zone ATMs
- No CFCU charges for foreign ATM use
- Free eStatements
- Honor Pay overdraft protection available with $500 direct deposit after two months
- Dividends and ATM fee refunds paid on the first business day of each month
- To open an account, a member must have at least $5 in a regular share account
Reward Rate Qualifications:
- Minimum of 12 check card transactions, excluding ATM transactions, totaling at least $100 (posted during each qualification cycle)
- Minimum direct deposit of $500 (posted during each qualification cycle)
- One ACH automatic debit or one online bill payment (posted during each qualification cycle)
- Enroll in and receive electronic statements
To open an account, a member must have at least $5 in a regular share account.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 09/01/2014. Rates may change after account is opened. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle:
(1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to account on the first business day of the following month; (2) balances up to $30,000 receive APY of 1.50%; and (3) balances over $30,000 earn 0.10% interest rate on portion of balance over $30,000, resulting in 1.50% – 0.10% APY depending on the balance. (4) Enroll in and receive eStatements. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.10% APY.
Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the date transaction was made to post to an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
“Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning on the 25th day of the month and ending on the 24th day of the following month. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. Fees may reduce earnings. Limit one account per tax ID number. All ATM fees generated by Automated Teller Machines will be refunded (up to $25) when the qualifications are met each cycle.