Health Savings Accounts
If you participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), Communication Federal Credit Union offers Health Savings Accounts, commonly referred to as HSAs. A Communication Federal Credit Union HSA allows you to contribute federally tax-deductible* funds up to the annual contribution limit, earn dividends and then withdraw the money tax free for qualified expenses such as doctor visits and prescription medication. Communication Federal Credit Union HSAs earn the same dividend rate as a regular savings account.
- Special HSA checks and free Visa debit card available
- Only $50 to open, waived with electronic deposit
- Low, $3 monthly maintenance fee, waived when you have a checking or loan account with Communication Federal Credit Union
- Dividends paid monthly on daily balance when it exceeds $750
- Compatible with most HDHPs
*For information on the tax ramifications of these accounts, please consult your tax advisor.
If you’d like more information about Communication Federal Credit Union’s Health Savings Accounts please visit your local branch or call 800.522.3535.