October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month and we’ve put together a quick list of tips to help keep you safe online.
- Use a strong, unique password with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not reuse the same password for different websites. Reusing the same password across the web can make all of your accounts vulnerable in the event that a single provider is breached.
- Avoid clicking links or downloading attachments in emails from unknown senders. These may be phishing attempts or contain malware.
- Make your home network secure by setting up a unique SSID and password for your Wi-Fi network instead of using the default settings.
- Keep up with updates! Outdated software and operating systems can contain vulnerabilities and security flaws that can leave your device exposed to cybercriminals.
At Communication Federal Credit Union, we have implemented multiple cybersecurity safeguards to help keep your account safe, including real-time decisioning tools, multi-factor authentication, behavior analytics, and in-app biometric login capabilities.
By using the tips provided above, you can further increase your account’s security and be safer when browsing the web.